Tips for driving in Croatia
- Inner city speed limit is up to 50 km/h
- Open roads speed limit is up to 90 km/h
- Motorways speed limit is up to 130 km/h
- Permited blood alcohol limit for driving is 0.05%
- Road assistance ,Telephone number is: 987
- In Croatia you drive on the right side
Driving through Austria
When driving through Austria, a vignette ticket is required. The shortest period available for purchase is one week and it costs about 7 €. The vignette is put on the windscreen. The vignettes are available at border crossings or gas stations near the border. Driving through Austria usually involves passing through several tunnels and there are tolls for some of them. The price is usually around 5 €.
Driving through Slovenien
When driving through Slovenia, the same principle applies to highways. The shortest period available for purchase is one week and it costs around 15 €. The vignettes are available at border crossings or gas stations near the border. In Croatia, payment is only required for the distance you have driven on the highway. It is possible to pay with a bank/credit card or in cash in the Croatian currency Kuna or Euro. You pay at the motorway exit.